Joseph T. Renaldi
A Bountiful Harvest
Remember the blooming clover and flowers,
And fields of golden, ripening grain,
Swaying unsteadily to and fro,
Quivering in a gentle summer rain.
Remember the vast and enchanted highland,
Adorned by an assortment of colorful leaves,
And the richly, golden bounty galore,
Harvested by farmers and placed in sheaves.
Remember when the twilight shadows deepened,
And you uttered a simple and grateful prayer
For all the remnants of a bountiful harvest,
And the bounty you were always willing to share.
Remember that a natural source cast a spell,
And the days and weeks passed swiftly by.
The Autumn season quickly changed to Winter,
And the snowflakes began to fall from the sky.
Remember the tintinnabulation of the church bells,
Alerting all moral people to faithfully pray
To thank the Almighty for a bountiful harvest,
And to help sustain them through every frigid day.
Joseph T. Renaldi's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Bountiful Harvest by Joseph T. Renaldi )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(13 February 1879 - 2 March 1949)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Christmas Trees, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Alone And Drinking Under The Moon, Li Po
- I, Too, Langston Hughes
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
Poem of the Day
- Merry Christmas, lee fones
- Searching For Convictions, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Not Strong Enough, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Past Woes, Naveed Akram
- Knowing Their Loss, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- The Screwed for Life Club, Francie Lynch
- Let's Celebrate Life, Roxanne Dubarry
- Descendants, Akhtar Jawad
- The Heart Of A Poet, arshad arshad
- Have You Seen The Bizarre And Grotesque .., Bijay Kant Dubey