A Brave One
He has not had an easy life of late
He has battled his demons of despair
Just one of those who has known hard times
And his type of person not rare.
And yet he hangs in there and keeps on battling
And not all hope of success from him gone
A brave one he is not a quitter
And he will keep on keeping on.
He is one with a sense of humour
Though financialy embarrassed he doesn't find it hard to smile
He says life is a hard old battle
But the battle is worthwhile.
He has not known an easy time of late
But to despair he will not give in
He finds life such a very hard battle
A battle he is determined to win.
Francis Duggan's Other Poems
- 01-Of 01 Of 07
- A Ballad Of Clifton Hill
- A Ballad Of The Bayswater Hotel
- A Ballad Of Wasted Years
- A Beautiful Day
- A Beautiful Day In December
- A Beautiful Day In October
- A Beautiful Day In Winter
- A Beautiful Day Of Twenty Five Degrees
- A Beautiful Evening
- A Beautiful Evening Of Sunshine And Bree...
- A Beautiful March Day
- A Beautiful Morning In May
- A Beautiful Night In September
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.