A breath for a life
A gentle zephyr escapes from its tempest brethren
gleefully crumbling down what's left of the wasteland.
But this little brother has a higher purpose
and not once did it look back upon the disaster
it was originally intentioned to wreak.
Undisturbed, it weaves its own path
seeking that which must be found
till it chances upon an open cavern
wherein lies its grail
upon which our brother must awaken.
With increasing effort, the zephyr crosses the dark passage
till it listens to the soft moans of a weeping mother
her cries of loss and grief filling the empty walls
as she cradles her new-born babe
turning blue as it failed to take it's first breath.
And with it's last sacrificial breath
the enchanted zephyr lays down its life
as it breathes it's spirit
and infuses the little babe's body
with a new hope, a new dream, a new life.
Anna Ong's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A breath for a life by Anna Ong )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
A Dream Within A Dream
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
- Strictly Cosmic, Pranab K. Chakraborty
- children, Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- White ant, gajanan mishra
- Time Not Wasted, Hasan Haskovic
- The 'C' Word, Eliza Booth
- Poem: Love, Stability and Peace, Joseph James Breunig 3rd
- Leaves Of Season, Richard Provencher
- Body of Dreams, Peter Streckfus
- Innocent tree, gajanan mishra
- Body of Moving and Light, Peter Streckfus