A Broken Heart
A seed of hope,
a ray of light,
once in love,
and now, it's blight.
The broken heart,
the broken soul,
a tired mind's,
The voice once said,
'My heart I gave,
my breath I lost,
no more control.'
But now it cries,
'My heart she stole,
my chest is empty,
my soul is mauled'
This broken heart,
no longer bleeds,
no longer hurts,
no longer needs,
This heart once shouted,
'Oh dear joy! '
and now it weeps,
'I feel no more...'
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Broken Heart by Aere Blackwind )
- For you, shall never I be old, Saheb Mohapatra
- Because I love you much, Saheb Mohapatra
- God, it's the man speaking, Saheb Mohapatra
- Zoos, Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- How would be my last breathe?, Saheb Mohapatra
- Fall, Frank Avon
- LIMERICK-2 (Saloon day), Saheb Mohapatra
- MOTHER, Saheb Mohapatra
- POETRY, Saheb Mohapatra
- Sea, Land, Shadow, Kazuko Shiraishi
Poem of the Day
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Home And Love, Robert William Service
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Snake, Theodore Roethke
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Tonight I can write the saddest lines, Pablo Neruda
- If, Rudyard Kipling
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Heather Burns
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(August 19, 1902 – May 19, 1971)