And every people has its own burden...
And secrets every people hides is own shelves...
But it is time to think about, certainly,
When someone is going over the other's heads...
He thinks, it will be easier at least
To find the world, to which he's dedicated...
He thinks: 'I'll hold my hands in fists,
And cover my heart with a mask of beast.'
He thinks: 'Here's the world! I'm at your eyes! '
But world considers him as a toy in game,
As fascinating play on the brightest stage,
Where all the incarnation costs high.
Where every moment with whistling seconds
By your head, as the bullets nearby,
The world is changing from the past through nowaday
To future... And is tearing off the cortex slight
From his mask, which was put on by his fate...
The fancy of the destiny - to hide
The bitter burden in the ages far...
Lyudmila Purgina's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A burden by Lyudmila Purgina )
Did you read them?
- I Will Give You Air, Ismim Putera
- Seduction Theory, Md. Ziaul Haque
- Late-night Lullaby, Ismim Putera
- A PRELUDE (To December), Vinaya Joseph
- Lucien, Joseph Narusiewicz
- Ghazal - Qyamat Ho Gai Hay, Bano Ali
- Stand Up Witness Your Dream, Fatima Nusairat
- Zero Turkey Wing, Havilah
- Reading and Writing, umaprosad das
- The Afternoon, Leong Ming Loong
Poem of the Day
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- A Late Walk, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Oh, the places you'll go!, Adens Kamwi
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Bright Star, John Keats
- Where The Mind Is Without Fear, Rabindranath Tagore
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(November 1, 1871 – June 5, 1900)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
Robert William Service
(16 January 1874 - 11 September 1958)