A Burning Heart
When you love someone, you open your heart.
You open it so wide, it pours from every vien in your body.
That beating heart, beating love- then to take it away:
Oxygen in your lungs, air you've always breathed.
Eyes you use to see, what you always hear.
So numbing, not to have it here, all gone.
Without it- Nothing.
A hot blazing fire, keeps you warm too.
Constantly throwing more wood onto.
It burns bigger, and brighter in time.
Until it goes out- leaving nothing behind.
When you love someone, they have your whole heart.
But like dumping water all over a fire.
Stomping out your heart, all your desires.
The fire it sizzles and smokes. Remaining just ash.
After it's left, soaking wet and dead;
Like a heart full of love, everything you ever dreamed of.
That beating heart, left in the ash;
Beats, burns, and feels nothing.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Burning Heart by Jessie Jett )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Blessing of Begetting Children (Section7.., rajendran muthiah
- Animal rights., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- O Fanantic, I Can Se It, Bijay Kant Dubey
- O Man, Where Will You Go With Your Funda.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Gently Stirs The Breeze, Rondeau, Captain Cur
- She, Maya Hanson (mye3 poet)
- Back To The Beginning, Maya Hanson (mye3 poet)
- Honour Killing, What Will You Get Killin.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- The bark, Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- This Is India, Here A Village Fool Can A.., Bijay Kant Dubey