I am captivated inside a cage.
It's a cage of darkness.
It's like a black cloud covering all over me.
Its so dark, I cannot see myself.
I don't know where I am lost.
I was never like this before.
I couldn't realize,
Why this happened?
How this happened?
Its so gloomy inside.
There is no one who could see me.
Nor I can see anyone.
Who will free me from this cage?
I wondered did I captivate myself,
or anyone trapped me inside this cage?
If I remain on this cage for long,
No one will ask for me!
Even if I die on this cage also,
Beloved ones will offer condolences and
of course they will always remember me.
World will move on like before.
My presence or absence,
Doesn't make any difference.
Because its law of nature.
Even they have to survive
So they cannot just sit aside.
Life keeps on offering challenges.
Which will never allow us to sit in one place even for few seconds.
It will make us run without a break.
Our Beloved ones have died but we are also moving with the world!
This is the fact of life, which no one can change.
Life is only one!
We have to accept everything as it is!
We cannot swim against tides, but can go on with the flow!
This is the Teachings of life!
Is it......Our Life or our Thoughts inside a Cage?
©ALL RIGHTS RESERVED BY GEETHA JAYAKUMAR 2014
Geetha Jayakumar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Cage! by Geetha Jayakumar )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edna St. Vincent Millay
(22 February 1892 – 19 October 1950)
Emmanuel George Cefai
(12th March 1955)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Russell Edson
(22 March 1941 -)
Mewlana Jalaluddin Rumi
(1207 - 1273)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Taking Off Emily Dickinson's Clothes, Billy Collins
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
Poem of the Day
- how ridiculous is this..., Mandolyn ...
- Be careful child before you fall, Mark Heathcote
- have it your way homeboy, Mandolyn ...
- Advance New Year 2015 Wishes (in a pessi.., Dr John Celes
- B. Day, Nassy Fesharaki
- shape shift this, my fearless phantom, Mandolyn ...
- Dear Dad ..... [a PARODY; HUMOR; SHORT; .., Bri Edwards
- Just Sex..., Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR
- It's Not About Science, Just Satellites..., Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR
- Woman And Time..., Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR