A Call to the Gods of All Faiths
When the earth wasn’t probed
in all its nooks and corners,
the prophets found You all.
Men with Satanic spell invented
superstitious stories to thrive in life.
People built abodes of worship
and were inspired to write dictums,
for their welfare. Amends and Emends
were abhorred by the orthodox.
Billions of people crowd on this planet
with hidden swords and guns tainted with
views of crooked religious faiths.
Mothers pleased to undergo pain and ordeal
for giving birth to children, now stand before schools,
in the cold and hot Sun to get applications
for admitting their loved ones in those schools
which are said to be manufacturing doctors
and scientists with marvelous brains. The stars and
dancers of the tinsel world are from these schools.
O Gods of all faiths! Inspire the rude and crude minds
with thoughts of bringing You all under a single faith
and make Your palaces into secular, part-time schools
for all our children to pray and learn.
rajendran muthiah's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Call to the Gods of All Faiths by rajendran muthiah )
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- Alone And Drinking Under The Moon, Li Po
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
Poem of the Day
- Mystery Caller, Ravikumar C.P.
- Do, my dear, gajanan mishra
- Cinders of Life, Tim Labbe
- Aiy Mere Khuda Aiy Mere Khuda, Akhtar Jawad
- State of being, Ravikumar C.P.
- Flight, S.Michael Kozubek
- Undoubtedly something has gone wrong, Ravikumar C.P.
- Fire brand - Judge, gajanan mishra
- One grid, hasmukh amathalal
- 'Lefty', Robert Eckstein