A Call to the Gods of All Faiths
When the earth wasn’t probed
in all its nooks and corners,
the prophets found You all.
Men with Satanic spell invented
superstitious stories to thrive in life.
People built abodes of worship
and were inspired to write dictums,
for their welfare. Amends and Emends
were abhorred by the orthodox.
Billions of people crowd on this planet
with hidden swords and guns tainted with
views of crooked religious faiths.
Mothers pleased to undergo pain and ordeal
for giving birth to children, now stand before schools,
in the cold and hot Sun to get applications
for admitting their loved ones in those schools
which are said to be manufacturing doctors
and scientists with marvelous brains. The stars and
dancers of the tinsel world are from these schools.
O Gods of all faiths! Inspire the rude and crude minds
with thoughts of bringing You all under a single faith
and make Your palaces into secular, part-time schools
for all our children to pray and learn.
rajendran muthiah's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Call to the Gods of All Faiths by rajendran muthiah )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Only answer, hasmukh amathalal
- Mirrored Past, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- insert emotion here, Mandolyn ...
- Prince Johnson's Cannibalism, Richard Thripp
- Rain Colors, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- THE BEATLES' MEDICAL PROBLEMS, Richard Thripp
- The black color, hasmukh amathalal
- Inner Wastelands, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Wildly Spinning Dirt Clod, Monk E. Biz
- Moon -haiku, Dr PJ Raj Kamal