Some would call you a pet,
others may call you a friend.
More would address you as something that madt the time go by,
but to me, your much more.
You were there to listen when no one else would,
most say you couldn't, but I always knew you understood.
You brought me through the worst times of my life,
even when i wanted to give in, that orange flare in your eyes kept me going.
I first saw you at the kennel,
you were as alive and as energetic as could be.
I found you last night after you passed away in your sleep.
It hasnt been long, but already the world seems a little more dull.
When i first saw you I looked at you,
and you stared back at me.
I could already tell that you were made to be my puppy.
Your short stubby tail,
your rich black coat.
That high pitched bark that used to go on for hours,
I was the only one who knew how to calm you down.
So I close this poem with a great thanks,
without you I might not even be here today.
But remember this wherever you may be,
its that I love you....and I always will.
Dedicated to my pet, partner, and friend Whizzer
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Campanion by Nyles Peele )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- It is nature, hasmukh amathalal
- Difference, hasmukh amathalal
- Own earth own life, gajanan mishra
- My Girl, Dasia Deas
- Silent Messages, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- the old man is bitten, RIC S. BASTASA
- ....and then an empty morning sky, RIC S. BASTASA
- Magnitude Of Life, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- At present, hasmukh amathalal
- and then the night swallows her includin.., RIC S. BASTASA