Some would call you a pet,
others may call you a friend.
More would address you as something that madt the time go by,
but to me, your much more.
You were there to listen when no one else would,
most say you couldn't, but I always knew you understood.
You brought me through the worst times of my life,
even when i wanted to give in, that orange flare in your eyes kept me going.
I first saw you at the kennel,
you were as alive and as energetic as could be.
I found you last night after you passed away in your sleep.
It hasnt been long, but already the world seems a little more dull.
When i first saw you I looked at you,
and you stared back at me.
I could already tell that you were made to be my puppy.
Your short stubby tail,
your rich black coat.
That high pitched bark that used to go on for hours,
I was the only one who knew how to calm you down.
So I close this poem with a great thanks,
without you I might not even be here today.
But remember this wherever you may be,
its that I love you....and I always will.
Dedicated to my pet, partner, and friend Whizzer
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Campanion by Nyles Peele )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(12 October 1875 - 1 December 1947)
(1923 - 1998)
(1644 - 1694)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Will there really be a "Morning"?, Emily Dickinson
- I Heard the Bells on Christmas Day, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
Poem of the Day
- I failed to understand this world, gajanan mishra
- Now I am Mr. Delight, PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
- The 7 Signs of The Holy Night...(In Haik.., Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR
- The Day After Chris+mas...(A 10 Word Acr.., Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR
- So encouraging, hasmukh amathalal
- So Good, Michael P. McParland
- Snuggle, Michael P. McParland
- To speak untruth, hasmukh amathalal
- Sleep Well Love, Michael P. McParland
- Sleep Tight Sweet Lady, Michael P. McParland