A Capital Idea
Money honey...that's what I want...
In this age of buying and selling,
Is there something, they're not telling?
What does it cost them to sell?
Much less than what we pay,
(so why should they tell?)
There would surely be a riot then,
If we knew just what they spend.
We'd all be up in arms and yelling,
What they are keeping secret and not telling.
The only trouble with profit is greed,
as it satisfies no normal need;
It's a road paved with bad intentions,
No more health plans, no more pensions.
We've nothing further more to gain,
We've known all along where troubles lain;
We're on a non-stop, hell-bound train,
We're in a whirlpool, going down that drain.
For what? Big bucks and corporation,
All for the profit of one small nation;
A nation of the powerful and few,
Someday they crash...just like me and you.
david lessard's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Capital Idea by david lessard )
- Folk dances., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Day, Hanh Chau
- The Wild West., Harold R Hunt Sr
- I Am A Traveler., Tony Adah
- Broken Family, Broken Relationships, Wro.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Morning, spiritual seeker
- Roses, Hanh Chau
- The Horse Race., Harold R Hunt Sr
- That's Why I'm Afraid, Neela Nath
- Ex's, Harold R Hunt Sr
Poem of the Day
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Different Ways to Pray, Naomi Shihab Nye
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Rainer Maria Rilke
(4 December 1875 – 29 December 1926)
- Heather Burns
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)