**A Cartoonish Life
Never really one
for popularity contests
popularity found me.
The first time I had sex
I was an amateur at best.
the first re-telling to my friends
I was Ron Jeremy in 1975.
Sometimes I wonder
if i build myself up
or myself builds me.
One thing is for certain:
Over inflated ego's tend to burst all at once,
and Snuffaluffagus was always cooler than
As a child I related to him,
along with Daffey Duck,
Now you tell me who has an ego.
Copyright (c) David DeSantis
David DeSantis's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (**A Cartoonish Life by David DeSantis )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- गावनिया गावनिखा, Ronjoy Brahma
- The Farm, Joyce Sutphen
- The Exorcism, Joyce Sutphen
- The Exam, Joyce Sutphen
- Your Caddie And You, Edgar Albert Guest
- Only A Building, Edgar Albert Guest
- An Apple Tree In France, Edgar Albert Guest
- The Aunts, Joyce Sutphen
- Sometimes Never, Joyce Sutphen
- Sleep now, hasmukh amathalal