If there was a chance, just one perfect moment in time.
Would I have the courage to take it, finally make something mine.
So many chances that I have watched pass me by,
never having the courage or the strength to try.
This scared little girl that is buried deep inside,
never lets me forget and warns me to hide.
Caught under the weight of things long since past,
forever trapped in the shadow it has cast.
Searching for courage, for hope, and for love,
constantly fearing that I'll never be good enough.
Looking for a lifeline, a way to finally break free,
say goodbye to that little girl and finally be me.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (A Chance by Pink Pixie )
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(10 February 1898 – 14 August 1956)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- Christmas Trees, Robert Frost
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- I Heard the Bells on Christmas Day, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Christmas Day In the Workhouse, George Robert Sims
- A Late Walk, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
Poem of the Day
- '' Death Can't Be Undone '', bri mar
- Ravenna, Edward Kofi Louis
- Breath, beneath!, Edward Kofi Louis
- Rosy (Ten), Asit Kumar Sanyal
- Merry Christmas My Dear, Michael P. McParland
- See, seer!, Edward Kofi Louis
- Obligated, Edward Kofi Louis
- Rosy (Nine), Asit Kumar Sanyal
- Rosy (Eight), Asit Kumar Sanyal
- to be or not to be a vegtarianien, oskar hansen