When you were born in this world
Your parents behold endless joy;
Praying to God with gentle words
For you're their gift, a light to enjoy.
Their caring hands and loving smile
guided you as they sacrificed a mile
Of sleepless night and ocean of tears
to keep you out of danger's spears.
You are the joy of your mother's birth
A light that ended your father's flirt
and everyday they cared you patiently
with a love ready to serve you tenderly.
But now as you grow as a big man
you turned out to be not a gentleman
You tell them words that can't be eaten
by a dog scavenging in garbage den.
You even let them worried everyday
you're not going home so regularly
Until you learn to leave and stow away
With some naughty friends in the city.
They give you their wisdom everyday
to guide you to be a man of dignity
but you didn't mind and gone in your way
until you're in dope of drugs and criminality.
But now being alone in the cell of misery
For being jailed for your own stupidity
You beg them to bail you out of such malady
But they can't do no more having no money
as you sold and stolen all their property
for your vices of drugs and desire for lady
but still they forgive and love you endlessly
as you're their only gift from the Almighty.
Now you kneel for the first time in prayer
asking forgiveness from the Life's Giver
realizing your mistake for being a killer
as naughty kid of your mother and father
now crying with pains and sorrows forever
having lost a son loved with much prayer.
Dedicated to all naughty kids out there
which I was never been.
MELVIN BANGGOLLAY's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A CHILD by MELVIN BANGGOLLAY )
- Train, Taylor Carlough
- Rain In Summer, Neela Nath
- Friendship is made by God, gajanan mishra
- Friend, JAMES T. ADAIR
- Isil: Our Planet needs Peace, Rachel Nichols
- You'll Never Know, Akhtar Jawad
- Resource less, hasmukh amathalal
- Teaching - A Satisfying Experience, Joseph T. Renaldi
- The Story of An Autumn Leaf, Rose Lu ( Bing Hua )
- Love Unfetterred, Zulfiqar Ali Bhatti
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- A Psalm of Life, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Footsteps of Angels, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)