A Child Cries Because of Santa
Here is this symbol,
of a happy, joyous time,
so caring and giving,
and smiling without a care.
To most he is known,
as a wonderful spirit,
and they laugh and smile,
at the sound of his name.
But here is a view,
not known to most,
it is fear of this being,
such a stranger at most.
With terror in his eyes,
he cries for his mother,
such a vulnerable child,
he doesn't yet know.
But he will soon understand,
how wonderful this man is,
and will join the cries of happiness,
of the other children, and will cheer.
Samantha Desmond's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Child Cries Because of Santa by Samantha Desmond )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Food, Clothes And Drink, Edgar Albert Guest
- Let's Go, Edgar Albert Guest
- The Whiners, Edgar Albert Guest
- Down The Lanes Of August, Edgar Albert Guest
- Song Of The Many, Edgar Albert Guest
- The Jedge Of Bowie County, Edgar Albert Guest
- ‘Erbert's H'Opinion, Edgar Albert Guest
- Welcoming The New Year, Edgar Albert Guest
- My Proud Pa, Edgar Albert Guest
- Strange, Edgar Albert Guest