A Child Question
Once a old man was asked by a child.
Why should an education matter to me?
Tell me what is the definition of an education.
Why is it so important?
Look at you Grand farther you are not educated.
The old man with the wrinkles of time showing on his face.
The old man pushed back his cap that unlocked the vault of wisdom
that time had stored in his mind.
Then the old man replied.
I can not read my name child.
I can not write my name.
Yet I want more out of life.
Not for me my child, but for you my child.
You see my child an education makes a better man a good man.
Education don't tell you what to think.
Education don't tell you why to think.
Education don't tell when to think.
Nor does it tell you my child why to think
My child it teach you how to think for yourself,
and that my child makes a good man even a greater man.
jackie compton's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Child Question by jackie compton )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- AS LONG AS AGGRESSION GOES ON, THEN PEOP.., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Timeless Aging Moments, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- CUPS AND LUMPS, maqsood hasni
- How can i be against Marriage?, Anand Vivek
- Thoughts Of Love, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- A Genuine Soulmate, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- DON'T BE WORRIED, maqsood hasni
- Choice still in hand, maqsood hasni
- No Understanding Of Fate, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- थुनलाइ सोरजिनि, Ronjoy Brahma