A child’s leverage
What leverage child does?
Your heart, hold over me.
My child and why do I weep
Tears of happiness…
In the wee small hours
When you wake me
From my grace my sleep
With barely the energy,
To put your nightmares to bed
What leverage child do you have?
That increases every beat of my heart
What's up would surges in my soul
When I’m just happy to see you eat
And listen to how I warned you
From the cold with just a snug hug
When later it turns
Into a bear hug on the rug
What leverage child makes me?
Talk gibberish until I laugh,
For what seems hours confided in me
And after I read fairy tales
About some frog prince
Who wishes will be forever told
I hold you with tears on my cheek.
Mark Heathcote's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A child’s leverage by Mark Heathcote )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- At Last A Rose, Electric Lady
- Needs, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- The Buffaloman Too A Chief Minister In B.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Purpose, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Sitting In The Time's House, Bijay Kant Dubey
- I Was Nearly Canonized Recently, Monk E. Biz
- Burquawalli, May I Ask, Why Is Saudi Ara.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Friend 3, Neela Nath
- Chicken dance, gajanan mishra
- Being, RoseAnn V. Shawiak