A Christmas Verse
Christmas is upon us and a New Year once again.
Where has all the time gone from the now that's turned to then?
While some folks hand out presents, part and parcel of the season,
I've no gift to offer, save for this poor rhyme, with reason.
My yearning for the world, yet most especially those I know
And dare to call true friends, is something harder to bestow...
Or at least a bit more abstract than a package could contain—
Though only grinches would upon receiving those complain.
I want to voice my deepest thanks for friendship's warmth and cheer
That fill the heart with brimming blessings all throughout the year
And ask that Santa give us peace and love in fullest measure,
With happiness thrown in that lasts as memories to treasure.
So, let me say, in my own way, with simple quatrains plain
And unadorned by ribbons, what no poem can explain,
Just Merry Christmas, one and all, and by the stars that shine,
I wish you Happy New Year in these days of Auld Lang Syne!
Harley White's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Christmas Verse by Harley White )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- New Migration Equilibriums Time Shift Es.., Terence G. Craddock
- bonnie to your clyde, Mandolyn ...
- Purpose Of Life!, Geetha Jayakumar
- Corridors, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- My Forever Crying Angel, Vlad Mutuleanu
- ThankYou!, Geetha Jayakumar
- let the wild rumpus start!, Mandolyn ...
- Day 28 of July 2014, Erica Borges
- Keep on the Sunny Side, Joseph Narusiewicz
- Switches …… [NOT just for electrician.., Bri Edwards