A Clarion Call
Let us have hope
for the morrow,
and be free
from all sorrow.
Working day & night,
and doing only what's right!
Ensuring Peace and Prosperity
across our Motherland.
A single Nation
united as one,
61 years since,
Independence was won.
The duty we owe
is to salvage our land,
inspite of strife,
and mischievous hands.
A mighty loud roar,
to the forces of good;
who fight evil and pain
and deliver us again..
tranquility will be won;
with Unity and Love,
A Blessing from Above.
'United, we stand,
Divided, we fall'! '
A struggle against violence
and not against love.
May the land flourish
and may God give us a Hand,
Let Sri Lanka live
Like no other Land!
(Riyadh, Saudi Arabia, Feb 4,2009)
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Clarion Call by Fazli Sameer )
- Image of God, gajanan mishra
- COUNTRIFICATION, bill costley
- Not Alone At All, Francie Lynch
- A passing stranger by Laura's house, Melikhaya Zagagana
- Celebration Of Democracy, Asit Kumar Sanyal
- Indictment Overturned, Kyle Schlicher
- The Composition of the Text, Adriano Spatola
- Watching A Dove, Kyle Schlicher
- Secret Last Year (A Calendar Twelve-tone.., Adriano Spatola
- Alamogordo 1945, Adriano Spatola
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- 1914 V: The Soldier, Rupert Brooke
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- A Poison Tree, William Blake
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- A New Friend, Dejan Stojanovic
- Being With You, Heather Burns
- Heather Burns
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)