M.D Dinesh Nair
A Clay God For You
I saw a dream
In that a potter was making a clay toy
And it had the face of some God!
Not that of West or East
And nor that of Man or Brute.
He breathed life into it
And its heart began beating!
It had two seeing eyes,
Two hearing ears and a smelling nose
But it had no mouth!
I saw the potter now standing up
And holding the clay toy up above his head
He flew into the sky
Where he placed the God with face downward!
Then he jumped onto a hill down in the earth.
A God of the finest making He was
And He began working soon
The way He ought to have ever and ever
And the green planet now let out a cry of joy!
It was reverberating unto times immemorial.
The potter the who made the clay God
Had faces infinite in number
And I thought one would look like mine
But by then my dream had ended
And I had tears rolling down my face.
M.D Dinesh Nair's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (A Clay God For You by M.D Dinesh Nair )
Did you read them?
- MUSIC OFF THE WALL! ! !, G. AKANJI OLANIYI
- Expander, Kim Barney
- I believe you never will be too late, Trong Phan
- Angel's fear, gulsher JOHN
- when i loved you and you loved her and s.., Mandolyn ...
- LOve is replaced, hasmukh amathalal
- The lonely wolf, denise nixon
- He Sleeps Too Much, Jena Crowe
- Halloween Night, Neela Nath
- The Power Of Faith!, Tom Zart
Poem of the Day
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(November 9 - 1937)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
- Heather Burns
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)