M.D Dinesh Nair
A Clay God For You
I saw a dream
In that a potter was making a clay toy
And it had the face of some God!
Not that of West or East
And nor that of Man or Brute.
He breathed life into it
And its heart began beating!
It had two seeing eyes,
Two hearing ears and a smelling nose
But it had no mouth!
I saw the potter now standing up
And holding the clay toy up above his head
He flew into the sky
Where he placed the God with face downward!
Then he jumped onto a hill down in the earth.
A God of the finest making He was
And He began working soon
The way He ought to have ever and ever
And the green planet now let out a cry of joy!
It was reverberating unto times immemorial.
The potter the who made the clay God
Had faces infinite in number
And I thought one would look like mine
But by then my dream had ended
And I had tears rolling down my face.
M.D Dinesh Nair's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (A Clay God For You by M.D Dinesh Nair )
Did you read them?
- The Belles of Mauchline, Robert Burns
- Bhai Phonta, Brother's Paste, Bijay Kant Dubey
- My Lord a-Hunting he is gane, Robert Burns
- Lines on the Author's Death, Robert Burns
- Verses on Captain Grose, Robert Burns
- Eyes they see, Diplove gautam
- Inconstancy in love, Robert Burns
- On Elphinstone's Translation of Martial'.., Robert Burns
- Indigenous architecture., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Jos Master, dr.k.g.balakrishnan kandangath
Poem of the Day
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- A Fairy Song, William Shakespeare
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- A Lover's Complaint, William Shakespeare
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(13 February 1879 - 2 March 1949)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)