A Coffee Morning!
Chatter and activity!
Laughter and controlled pain!
Effort to please the ones I love!
Wishing I was in bed asleep!
Yet all around me the people chatter!
Telling stories of suffering and encouragement!
Different issues and footsteps!
Printed to make a person's life story!
Will I narrate my own footprints?
To change someone else's life.
To encourage another person.
To pull another from the edge!
Are my footprints in the sand?
Where all can see where I walked for a while!
Where all can find the charted pathway to my life!
Or are they printed on a rock?
I have to determine who I am.
Should I let issues shape who I am?
I am the person that will never change.
When situations and conditions change.
I will change the chart of my life.
To imprint my footsteps in the sand.
To make another find their way.
A path to a better life!
Flencirose Basera's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Coffee Morning! by Flencirose Basera )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Defamation, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Horoscopes, gajanan mishra
- Lovely and pleasant, hasmukh amathalal
- A New Experience, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Messages and Messengers, Liilia Talts Morrison
- you know who you are, Clara Keiper
- Corners Of A Storm, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Visibly appar, hasmukh amathalal
- Love's Journey, Savita Tyagi
- Check the dogs, gajanan mishra