Joseph T. Renaldi
A Combat Friend
I am haplessly entrenched near a road,
Bogged down by the war's heavy load.
Then as I view the skirmish ahead,
My mind is overcome with a dread.
I can not envision what lies beyond,
That curve, that field, that placid pond.
Will I encounter bloodshed, captivity and tears,
Or will I overcome my deeply rooted fears?
Will I feel pain and anxiety within my frame,
Or charge with a vengeance leading to fame?
I grit my teeth, knit my brow and groan,
When suddenly I realize I was not alone.
There beside me was a fearless friend,
A friend on whom I can trust and depend,
To lead me into battle whatever betides,
I smile with confidence and then follow him - my guide.
Joseph T. Renaldi's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Combat Friend by Joseph T. Renaldi )
- A Rainbow holder, Antonio Liao
- The Marketplace, Tony Adah
- Sailing Midnight, Steven Rhoads
- No one is, hasmukh amathalal
- Seizing The Arrears, Dexsta Ray
- I shall sing, hasmukh amathalal
- Thelo (1), Branden Aeling
- Why lord should look, hasmukh amathalal
- A to Z for You, Indranil Bit
- Our bretherne, hasmukh amathalal