A cop's revenge
(This is a fictional poem)
I became a cop when I witnessed my father's death.
I swore to uphold the law as he took his final breath.
For years nailing my dad's killer was all I thought about.
It finally ended when his killer and I got in a shoot out.
I blew his brains out when I fired a shot.
But I didn't get any pleasure like I thought.
I thought that killing him would bring me great joy.
But I found no jubilation when that man was destroyed.
Maybe it's because Dad used to tell me that revenge is wrong.
Dad is dead but he's still in my heart and that makes me strong.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A cop's revenge by Randy Johnson )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- bonnie to your clyde, Mandolyn ...
- Purpose Of Life!, Geetha Jayakumar
- Corridors, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- My Forever Crying Angel, Vlad Mutuleanu
- ThankYou!, Geetha Jayakumar
- let the wild rumpus start!, Mandolyn ...
- Day 28 of July 2014, Erica Borges
- Keep on the Sunny Side, Joseph Narusiewicz
- Switches …… [NOT just for electrician.., Bri Edwards
- there's heaven on the plains and freedom.., Mandolyn ...