A Corner Streetlight
Dark corner in the night
Illuminated by only the moon's light
Unitl the street light
Floods the scene with a glowing light
Nothing stands on the corner
Yet stories, stories of this light
Are told in the night
Stories are told of this corner
A murder, a rape
A suicide, a drug overdose
The street light shows
What the world has to display.
A child troubled, deeply hurt
By a girl who he loved
With all his heart and soul.
She left him torn apart.
The street light, like a stage
Gives him a place to stay
The light shows his sorry tears
Then shows the gun next to his head.
A woman, small
Stands in the light
Screams for help
As the man she sees is doing her unkindly
A man left laying, needle in hand
He got his fix, his final fix.
Theat saved him
From this wretched land.
A woman left bloody
On the post
A knife in her chest
The broken heart bleeds
The street light shows us
Life's evil on display
But when the light turns off, like now
Does it all go away?
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Corner Streetlight by Skylar Kendall )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- City Of Abomination, John Ugolo Umah
- History Of Death!, John Ugolo Umah
- Sweet Misery, Monica Shs
- lavender and roadkill, Ben Paynter
- Is mother universal, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Not Yet, I Am Krakatoa
- दङ आंहा सिमां, Ronjoy Brahma
- He Was Who He Was, Frieda Risvold
- CPI(M) Comrades & Cadres, The Muscle-men, Bijay Kant Dubey
- The CPI(M) Only Knows Its Men, Only See.., Bijay Kant Dubey