A Creak Upon The Stairs
Stare into the mirror,
look into your soul,
feal the fear within you,
consuming you whole,
what are you afraid of,
theres nothing really there,
it was your imagination,
that creak upon the stair,
but what if it wasn't?
what if it was real?
maybe there is something,
a presence you can feel!
your heart pounds!
the fear begins to rise!
you start to turn around,
dreading the suprise,
but theres nothing there....
your palms are sweating,
and your spine is cold,
you try to move,
but the fear has taken hold!
you tell your self it was nothing,
your mind playing tricks,
trying stop the shakes,
and from feeling sick,
you take a deep breath,
and try to still your heart,
thinking calm thoughts,
just for a start,
unclenching your hands,
breathing out a long sigh,
relaxing your muscles,
you feel the fear die,
...what was that? a creak upon the stair? ....
Peter Madden's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Creak Upon The Stairs by Peter Madden )
- Come, Come....., Marshall Gass
- From In the mind, Harold R Hunt Sr
- Gramma's house., Harold R Hunt Sr
- Rubber-Band, Marshall Gass
- Stepping Into Your Mind, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- this poem, Bull Hawking
- Revealed From Pretentions Concealed, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Ego Control, Ali Faisal
- Coming Home, Randy McClave
- what is this? i don't even..., Mandolyn ...
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
- Heather Burns
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)