Linda Marie Van Tassell
A Daughter Deflowered
The Scene: a dark basement in the shadow of night
where dirty, perverted things are done out of sight.
His stealthy, secret visits are furtively made
by the torch of his eyes and the tip of his spade.
Her eyes are like hollows in the back of a cave,
dug deep in her skull like bare bones in a grave.
No matter her protests nor the tears that she cries,
he tells her that she will like it, knowing he lies.
She wonders why her mother and no one else cares,
why no one else hears the creaking beneath the stairs.
His forcible entry hides behind the locked door,
the dark stain of her torment drips to the dirt floor.
Her young mind is ringing like a slave market bell,
and she chokes on his love that reminds her of hell.
With deep strokes of plunder, he buries with his pike,
weighs her body down beneath his hard hammer's strike.
The long length of his dagger is plunged to the hilt
and carves his initials in the flesh of her guilt.
Her sanity hangs upon a weakening thread.
'I told you you would like it, ' was all that he said.
Linda Marie Van Tassell's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Daughter Deflowered by Linda Marie Van Tassell )
- Detach, gajanan mishra
- ~Go Back To Sleep~, A Ghost
- SFI Appears To Be Most Agggressive, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Do and go on, gajanan mishra
- Hurt, Tshering Chekii
- Jadavpur University Campus Is Not For Po.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Females have, hasmukh amathalal
- Restaurant Salad, James Merchant
- Social consequences, hasmukh amathalal
- this joy 'S', noel maddock
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Being With You, Heather Burns
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Heather Burns
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
- Bernard Shaw
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)