A Day is A Thousand Years
(From 1st/2nd Peter)
God has commanded the present heavens and earth to remain until the day of judgment.
Then they will be set on fire, and ungodly people to destruction sent.
For to God, one day is as a thousand years – a key to what the prophets meant.
The Lord is not slow to keep his promises, he wants all to be saved and repent.
The day of the Lord’s return will surprise like a thief – immediate and terse.
The heavens will disappear with a great noise of heresy, heat melting the whole universe.
Every debt of the earth will be revealed – foreclosed – and debtors taken in the hearse.
To be burned as chaff in the fires of the furnace – the earned and un-repented curse.
So you should serve and honor God: live your life not as the dead but in Christ alive.
Look forward to the day when God judges everyone, and try to make it arrive.
For the heavens will be destroyed and into the hot depths of Hell all the earth will dive.
But God has promised us a new heaven and a new earth where justice will always thrive.
Daniel Partlow's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Day is A Thousand Years by Daniel Partlow )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
- Michael P. McParland
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
Alfred Lord Tennyson
(6 August 1809 – 6 October 1892)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
- I Heard the Bells on Christmas Day, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- Home They Brought Her Warrior Dead, Alfred Lord Tennyson
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Fear No More, William Shakespeare
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Christmas Trees, Robert Frost
- Christmas Day In the Workhouse, George Robert Sims
- The Tiger, William Blake
Poem of the Day
- The Illusory Driver, Lukas Sotola
- कहो क्या हो, जो मेरा दिल तुम्हे मुमताज़ क.., Abhishek Omprakash Mishra
- the kingdom is born, ademola oluwabusayo
- Haiku(Christmas), Aftab Alam
- At a Wedding, Sir John Suckling
- Nostalgia, Lawrence Beck
- Evening Song, Sherwood Anderson
- Gentle Golden Light, Margaret Alice Second
- What is I want under the destinies ten.., Yuri Starostin
- Lonely Road, Alexander Onoja