A Day's Worth of Cricket
You came here
without a single fear.
On your way you brought your return-ticket,
but you better not lose your wicket.
There is only one match to be played,
So just hope there is no disturbance from any raid.
Win the toss,
& be the boss.
Or lose the toss,
& show off your gloss.
Be a bowler,
bowl it slower.
Be a batsman,
with a direct hit to heaven.
Disturb the clouds,
their anger all so aroused.
Bring on the covers,
& become lovers.
Love the match delay,
one that you've got without the obligation to pay.
Remember your spouse,
who's always watching you from her house.
Take her name,
& resume the game.
The target is nearing,
& so is the balls remaining.
Score that victorious six,
With emotions all so mixed.
With the game now over,
The crowd won't get any louder.
& place them at your success' strong stem.
Now its time to pack,
& take all those memories back.
Tell them to your friends,
In conversations that seem to have no ends.
Treasure that two-way ticket.
Keep it, conserve it, caress it.
Suraj Samtani's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Day's Worth of Cricket by Suraj Samtani )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- The Spoiler, Edgar Albert Guest
- The Wide Outdoors, Edgar Albert Guest
- Old Mister Laughter, Edgar Albert Guest
- Ode to Evil, Sourabh Mishra
- The Lucky Man, Edgar Albert Guest
- A Toast For Josie, Kuda Bondamakara
- Harvest of Harms, Madrason writer
- The Song Of The Builder, Edgar Albert Guest
- When The Minister Calls, Edgar Albert Guest
- My hero(Bob Dylan), Mario,Lucien,Rene Odekerken