A Day with Mother
Yesterday morning, when I was sitting on the couch
Eating chocolates and throwing away the pouch
I suddenly heard someone shouting
Oh My God! ! That is my mom flouting
Dave, stop being a Rave! !
Get up, and get some shave.
But Mom, now even it is sun that is not awake
I will do it, not now, but bit some late.
If you want Breakfast, Lunch and dinner to survive
Better getup and be ready and dare if you think to give me bribe
I then brush my teeth and razor my cheek
Wear my tie, put on my pants and now I breathe
She enters my room
In her hand she holds a broom
Clean it before I count five
Or be ready, as I know how to make you drive
I clean my bed, tuck my pant and hang the shirt
Look around with the eagle’s eye, if there is any dirt
With your mom you can’t even flirt
She knows your every vein since your birth
Now it is the time to learn for all this what you have earned
Bar of Kit-Kat and a pat on your back, but was that all for I yearned?
Dave Tanwar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Day with Mother by Dave Tanwar )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Day 28 of July 2014, Erica Borges
- let the wild rumpus start!, Mandolyn ...
- Keep on the Sunny Side, Joseph Narusiewicz
- Switches …… [NOT just for electrician.., Bri Edwards
- there's heaven on the plains and freedom.., Mandolyn ...
- Journey of imaginable stress!, Marshall Gass
- the fishermen on the wharf, Marshall Gass
- In The Market For The Exotic, Terence G. Craddock
- Far Traveller Absorb Exotic Sights, Terence G. Craddock
- the yardstick, Marshall Gass