A Day with Mother
Yesterday morning, when I was sitting on the couch
Eating chocolates and throwing away the pouch
I suddenly heard someone shouting
Oh My God! ! That is my mom flouting
Dave, stop being a Rave! !
Get up, and get some shave.
But Mom, now even it is sun that is not awake
I will do it, not now, but bit some late.
If you want Breakfast, Lunch and dinner to survive
Better getup and be ready and dare if you think to give me bribe
I then brush my teeth and razor my cheek
Wear my tie, put on my pants and now I breathe
She enters my room
In her hand she holds a broom
Clean it before I count five
Or be ready, as I know how to make you drive
I clean my bed, tuck my pant and hang the shirt
Look around with the eagle’s eye, if there is any dirt
With your mom you can’t even flirt
She knows your every vein since your birth
Now it is the time to learn for all this what you have earned
Bar of Kit-Kat and a pat on your back, but was that all for I yearned?
Dave Tanwar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Day with Mother by Dave Tanwar )
- Strife, Md. Asadullah
- 'MY FAMILY', paul fornillos
- ~ Eyes ~, Aparna Chatterjee
- The Panama Canal, Edgar Albert Guest
- Out At Pelletier's, Edgar Albert Guest
- Contrary Sary, Edgar Albert Guest
- Pixley Folks, Edgar Albert Guest
- Out In The Open, Edgar Albert Guest
- The Worry-Chaser, Edgar Albert Guest
- Henry Ford's Offhand Way, Edgar Albert Guest