Joseph T. Renaldi
A Devotion To God
Satan, the adversary of God, and Lord of evil
Will attempt to throw your life in disarray,
Luring you into danger, evil and temptation,
And his false promises will lead you astray.
So, it is worthwhile to believe in a Supreme Being,
Omnipotent in power, wisdom, and goodness,
Whom we worship as the ruler and creator,
And hail his guiding principle of faithfulness.
The message is reiterated by the son of God,
Yet, beware of Satan and his followers lying in wait,
Attempting to lead you into the fiery pits of hell.
Don't be duped by false promises - go straight?
Stay away from which you deem to be unholy,
Refrain from the mythological power of a demigod,
Accept the teachings and offerings of the Holy Bible,
Be glorious and worthy of complete devotion to God.
The cordial angels will be waiting at the Pearly Gate
To greet those who are totally absolved of sin.
Thank God for love - Thank God for forgiveness,
Now the arrogant and deceitful Satan can't win.
Joseph T. Renaldi's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Devotion To God by Joseph T. Renaldi )
- AK-47, Edward Kofi Louis
- Poem for Dwayne, Jenny Santiago
- Raschid, Edward Kofi Louis
- Cupcake capers, Roann Mendriq
- Dschamila, Edward Kofi Louis
- Scattered dreams, gajanan mishra
- The Glow on the Outback Hill, David Lewis Paget
- God's Kind of Poetry, Diane Hine
- Whole world enjoys with this pain,, Aftab Alam
- Epitaph, Naveed Khalid
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- At Last She Comes, Robert Louis Stevenson
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Trees, Joyce Kilmer
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Heather Burns
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
William Carlos Williams
(17 September 1883 – 4 March 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)