A Dog Called America
A Dog Called America.
When sailing from Huston, Texas, to Aruba
We had an unwanted guest on board, a big
Friendly dog, the captain called shore and
It turned out it belonged to the coast guard.
And since we had a small terrier bitch, this
Was a love story gone eschew. The dog,
It really was huge, maybe a St Bernard breed
Settled in my cabin, this I think because it
Assumed, since I was the cook, thus must
Be the pack leader. Days later when the ship
Docked in Aruba, a man from the consulate
Came and took the dog ashore.
We were sorry to see this gentle giant leave us
…. Yes, we called him America.
oskar hansen's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Dog Called America by oskar hansen )
- Lonely On The Train, Omar Eldamsheety
- Lonely On A Train, Omar Eldamsheety
- Stone, I do admit, gajanan mishra
- O Time, Stop You, It's My Birthday! Let .., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Release, Fiona Davidson
- Jacques the Last, John F. McCullagh
- Kaalchakra, The Wheel of Time, Bijay Kant Dubey
- The Moon Spoke to Me, Michael Mira
- Sinkin' boat, Aftab Alam
- Alesha the Cat, Steve Kittell
Poem of the Day
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- Heather Burns
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)