A Dogs Life
In an attempt to lighten up my poem site I offer
this doggeral style ditty about my neighbor's dog-
I used to range those farming fields,
It became my daily habit;
And oft when roaming far and wide,
I'd catch a big fat rabbit.
Every possum, skunk and cat I saw
Were always under siege.
I'd chase them til completely pooped
Then sit and scratch my fleas.
But, then my master moved to town,
Oh! What a dreadful change;
Now, I am tethered to a leash,
No longer can I range.
I cannot run, or bark, or jump
But, in neighbor's yard I poop.
My master, though required by law
Does not own a pooper-scoop.
They call me Rover, though I can't,
That causes me much strife.
At last I've learned why one would say
'I'm leading a dog's life'.
Joseph Anderson's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Dogs Life by Joseph Anderson )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
Alfred Lord Tennyson
(6 August 1809 – 6 October 1892)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- The Saddest Poem, Pablo Neruda
- A Little While, Dante Gabriel Rossetti
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- The Three Kings, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- The Tiger, William Blake
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Suicide in the Trenches, Siegfried Sassoon
Poem of the Day
- Textology - 3. Mistakes, Joseph Archer
- Your smile, Leong Ming Loong
- everything is ok, Cee Bea
- मेरी तनहाइयां..............., sanjay kumar maurya
- Curses Of Much, Naveed Akram
- Colors of Our Love, Saliah Jabbar
- witness, Cee Bea
- It Was Delightfully Cold, Naveed Akram
- DUAL ROLE, MBJ Pancras
- My One True Love, Leong Ming Loong