A Dream Lover
There are moments when I believe that you are real.
Yet all of me knows that you are just a dream.
The figment of a dreamers heart, bereft of love for so long.
A desperate longing of this lost and lonely soul.
Those wonderful times in my fantasy world.
When I can feel your soft touch stirring my emotions.
Your lips on my lips, your heart beating against mine.
Your hot breath on my skin, as we embrace as lovers do.
Then I open my eyes to gaze upon you, and there is no one there.
And when I realise you are not real, tears begin to fall from my eyes.
For once again my heart is empty, my soul is lonesome.
And I am left wanting for my dream to come true...
Spread the love... The peace will follow...
Cosmic Dreamer's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Dream Lover by Cosmic Dreamer )
- Hindi Haiku (61-65) हाइकू मंगल, S.D. TIWARI
- A Poet, Angela K Brown
- Let us dream, hasmukh amathalal
- Iron Gates, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Mental Illness, Angela K Brown
- The Unknown Person, Angela K Brown
- Austere Offices, Angela K Brown
- Grandma's Hands, Angela K Brown
- For the Colored Girl, Angela K Brown
- Dark Skin, Angela K Brown
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- Morning, Paul Laurence Dunbar
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
- Heather Burns