A Faithful Friend
You’re like a big sister.
I miss our chats and girly talk.
Time has brought change.
Life charts its own path.
And though miles apart
Thank you for still being there
In times of need
As I am for you.
Somehow, you’ve dealt with
My ways knowing that it’s 'just me'
Going through some things,
And that I’d come out
On the better end.
It’s been thirty years of true
And lasting friendship,
Which is more than
One could hope for.
Walterrean Salley's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Faithful Friend by Walterrean Salley )
Did you read them?
- Keep feet, hasmukh amathalal
- What Will It Take?, Kathryn Tyler King
- 12 May 2014, Shri R Brahma
- The component of value, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- 6 May 2014, Shri R Brahma
- October Clouds, Michelle Claus
- 24 April 2014, Shri R Brahma
- 21 April 2014, Shri R Brahma
- 19 April 2014, Shri R Brahma
- 15 April 2014, Shri R Brahma
Poem of the Day
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Television, Roald Dahl
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)