A Falling Leaf
Two riders in the elderberry road,
With blackthorn and hazel, unseen.
Only the breathing, the hoofs
and browning green.
Two horses, two riders.
A hollow came, rose,
returned again. Another came,
rose and returned again.
Two silent riders
in a silence unbroken
but for sound on stone
and breathing air.
as they pass by the door
which was their destination.
Hollows came and went,
returned again. Bends
bent, unbent, unmentioned went.
Seamus Hogan's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Falling Leaf by Seamus Hogan )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- if i find a dumpster and become homeless.., Mandolyn ...
- Cinderella's Table Cloth, mary douglas
- Mother Culture's Lullbye - The Culling S.., Joseph DeMarco
- A Parody, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Prayer for the lost., David Lessard
- UGLY AGGRESSORS معتدون قبيحون, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- SANDY AND MUSHMISH (THEY USED TO BE MY L.., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Scarecrow Not Quite Dissolving By Orange.., mary douglas
- WHO ARE WE? من نحن ؟, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- We Complain, Sandra Feldman