A Far Greater Threat
More of a threat to human existence than the economic recession is the ozone hole in the sky
That scientists claim is growing bigger as the years go by
Caused by carbon emissions that cause Global warming by experts we have been told
The climate is warming even in Lands known to be cold.
Compared to climate change economic recession as a problem seems small
To human existence on the Planet the greatest challenge of all
Is Global warming which we know is Worldwide
Due to our greed for material gain we've put Nature offside.
This World is for us to live in not for to destroy
For the future generation every young girl and boy
We are making life for them harder for our greed they must pay
I hope I am wrong in this though it does seem that way.
The economic recessions they come and they go
And after every recession the economy does grow
But Global warming to humanity is a far greater threat
As it does seem a matter of life and of death.
Francis Duggan's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Far Greater Threat by Francis Duggan )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Heather Burns, Abdullah alHemaidy
- IT IS OUR TRADITION, john chizoba vincent
- Pink Pyjama Party?, Stephen Katona
- SIMPLY SELFLESS, PRINCESS LISA APARAMA
- don't make me turn these stars around, Mandolyn Davidson
- Dumb Them Down Stupid People I Can't Think, Is It Poetry
- one hundred and shut up degrees, Mandolyn Davidson
- Magnifico, Gaylord Munemo
- Boys Will Be Girls, George Hunter
- Where is the Honor?, Maverick Jones