A Fathers Promise ' for a daughter '
I promised I’d always love you
From the day of your own birth.
I promise I will love you more
Than anything on Earth.
I promise I will be there
On the day you learn to talk.
I promise I will hold your hands
When you begin to walk.
I promise I will wipe your tears
At the times when you are sad.
I promise I will love you still
Even if I’m mad.
I promise I will do my best
Each and every day.
The joy you give to me is strong
But, there’s one more thing to say.
You are the apple of my eye
You are my little pearl.
I’ll always hold you in my heart
‘cause you’re Daddy’s little girl.
Roger Horsch's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Fathers Promise ' for a daughter ' by Roger Horsch )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Elimination of Stress and Strife in My L.., K J Force
- Philip's Philippines, Richard Thripp
- less, lee fones
- Boven de Mens'lijkheid, Madrason writer
- Sleep To Dream, Arafat Driche
- The curse of poverty, Arafat Driche
- The Statue, Arafat Driche
- House hunting, Nalini Chaturvedi
- Mother Mother Mother..............! ! !, Arafat Driche
- Night of Nights, Arafat Driche