A Fathers Promise ' for a daughter '
I promised I’d always love you
From the day of your own birth.
I promise I will love you more
Than anything on Earth.
I promise I will be there
On the day you learn to talk.
I promise I will hold your hands
When you begin to walk.
I promise I will wipe your tears
At the times when you are sad.
I promise I will love you still
Even if I’m mad.
I promise I will do my best
Each and every day.
The joy you give to me is strong
But, there’s one more thing to say.
You are the apple of my eye
You are my little pearl.
I’ll always hold you in my heart
‘cause you’re Daddy’s little girl.
Roger Horsch's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Fathers Promise ' for a daughter ' by Roger Horsch )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Casey Renee Kiser
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Mewlana Jalaluddin Rumi
(1207 - 1273)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- The Saddest Poem, Pablo Neruda
- The Cremation Of Sam McGee, Robert William Service
Poem of the Day
- Farewell 2014, Paul Sebastian
- The Right Religion, Kevin Forbes
- Miles away, hannah wilbert
- (8) जिख्लाबसे लाइजाम: 'रैसुमै'नो, Ronjoy Brahma
- A life unexamined, Robert Plese
- Dying, Dipankar Chakraborty
- Quotation # 5, saint cynosure ( Ken Bennigh ..
- Control, Robert Plese
- Time is your worst enemy, Leong Ming Loong
- Price, Nassy Fesharaki