A Fathers Promise ' for a daughter '
I promised I’d always love you
From the day of your own birth.
I promise I will love you more
Than anything on Earth.
I promise I will be there
On the day you learn to talk.
I promise I will hold your hands
When you begin to walk.
I promise I will wipe your tears
At the times when you are sad.
I promise I will love you still
Even if I’m mad.
I promise I will do my best
Each and every day.
The joy you give to me is strong
But, there’s one more thing to say.
You are the apple of my eye
You are my little pearl.
I’ll always hold you in my heart
‘cause you’re Daddy’s little girl.
Roger Horsch's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Fathers Promise ' for a daughter ' by Roger Horsch )
- Amidst the stones, Roann Mendriq
- Rainbow Of Life, david kush
- CRYSTAL WATER, Prince Lartey
- Beholden, Eleonor Santiago
- Faith and hope, gajanan mishra
- You're, Angela Wybrow
- HE touched and the life bloomed, Ruma Chaudhuri
- Different colors, hasmukh amathalal
- From my hearts core, Aftab Alam
- Racism, John Masaitis
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- At Last She Comes, Robert Louis Stevenson
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns
William Carlos Williams
(17 September 1883 – 4 March 1963)
(9 November 1928 – 4 October 1974)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(15 April 1958)
(3rd April 19sixty)