Palas Kumar Ray
A Few Mistakes
I have made a few mistakes in my Life
And what is the worst, I continue to make
such mistakes till now which better knows my wife
but I am just going indifferent.
Mistakes I just cannot forsake.
What you call it I don't know but for me
I am quite comfortable with my mistakes
And I don't even fear that they will end up with me
Only I fear, if I forsake
I will fall in another set of mistakes.
They are after all my known set of mistakes.
By now I am getting quite handy with them.
The time of changing friends I have left behind.
Mistakes anew I fear I will not be able to digest.
So I rear them.
Which mistakes I live up with do you wish to know?
Please restrain. I am very sorry. I cannot let them fly
from eye to eye, ear to ear, mind to mind, because if I do
You will surely laugh. You will say lol and I will get angry.
So I defy.
© Palas Kumar Ray.All rights reserved.
Palas Kumar Ray's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Few Mistakes by Palas Kumar Ray )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
Mewlana Jalaluddin Rumi
(1207 - 1273)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Home They Brought Her Warrior Dead, Alfred Lord Tennyson
Poem of the Day
- A Gratitude to My Unseen Friends, Akhtar Jawad
- I Pray For You, Gillu Rahul
- Touch Downs, Saiom Shriver
- Bethlehem, Saiom Shriver
- Beloved Brand, Pranab K. Chakraborty
- The Shadow, Benjamin Michael Clark
- Under The Moonlit Nights, I See You, See.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- have you seen my hand?, Mandolyn ...
- My Inspiration Are You, The Day I Saw You, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Azar, Nassy Fesharaki