Palas Kumar Ray
A Few Mistakes
I have made a few mistakes in my Life
And what is the worst, I continue to make
such mistakes till now which better knows my wife
but I am just going indifferent.
Mistakes I just cannot forsake.
What you call it I don't know but for me
I am quite comfortable with my mistakes
And I don't even fear that they will end up with me
Only I fear, if I forsake
I will fall in another set of mistakes.
They are after all my known set of mistakes.
By now I am getting quite handy with them.
The time of changing friends I have left behind.
Mistakes anew I fear I will not be able to digest.
So I rear them.
Which mistakes I live up with do you wish to know?
Please restrain. I am very sorry. I cannot let them fly
from eye to eye, ear to ear, mind to mind, because if I do
You will surely laugh. You will say lol and I will get angry.
So I defy.
© Palas Kumar Ray.All rights reserved.
Palas Kumar Ray's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Few Mistakes by Palas Kumar Ray )
- Forever Purpurating Lavender, Stephen Warren Williams
- No Reason To Rush, Kewayne Wadley
- For To Be An Indian English Poet, An Eng.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- A Bag of Old Photographs, Mikey Bachman
- Surrealistic Bagging, michael walkerjohn
- What at a Sunrise Ends, michael walkerjohn
- Les Collaborations de Vie, michael walkerjohn
- Only movement, hasmukh amathalal
- Thoughtful Succour, michael walkerjohn
- Wrapped In Silk, michael walkerjohn
Poem of the Day
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- An Enigma, Edgar Allan Poe
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- And Death Shall Have No Dominion, Dylan Thomas
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(13 February 1879 - 2 March 1949)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Heather Burns
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)