A few moments of attention
The undermined liberties enslaved
by my adolescent ignorance have surely diminished:
KNOWLEDGE, THE SLOW DEATH OF MY PRIOR IDOLS & IDEALS, PRESENCE OF MIND, This all brings forth my coming RESURRECTION. For I am a BURNING PHOENIX.
Beams of illumination,
These marvels of death,
This breath of life, bursts forth myriad dimensions
in this our recurring mundane.
Our existence should not merely equalize to failures & disdain.
Never part & be separate from your heart;
Be observant of the subtle,
Follow the whims of the winds.
Happiness is rare, and Freedom hides in front you there.
Herein lies the salvation we have wrongfully refused,
We are never about what we've done, but what we NOW choose.
I happily tip my hat and say,
'Cheers my fellows!
We've never had anything to lose.'
Rafael Cazares's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A few moments of attention by Rafael Cazares )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- The Man I Met, Buxton Shippy
- The Penance Of Unguarded Selfishness., Bazi alis Subrata Ray
- Plants Hurt, Naveed Akram
- My love for my birth land, binod bastola
- Critically Evaluating…Lois Lerner's 'Tru.., James B. Earley
- My wondrous dream, Nalini Chaturvedi
- Hues of Green, Joy Cordwell
- FOR ALL BELIEVERS, Tom Zart
- Sibling Oath, Frederick J.B. Moore II
- one hundred and twenty two miles, days, .., Mandolyn ...