M.D Dinesh Nair
A FEW PERCEPTIONS
A CLOSED SHOP
I stand outside a closed shop
To buy everything I like.
But when the shop keeper is seen near
I hide behind his shop
And start thinking 'why at all I must buy things'.
Given on the forehead it is affection,
Given on the palm it is love,
Given on the lips it is lust
But what is craved for alone makes a real kiss.
THE END OF THE WORLD
It has to come with a flash news
Written across the sky as, 'THE END'
In the languages written of all regions.
And we have to cry in vein, 'NEXT SHOW PLEASE'
And He will look the most dejected then
With a face He Himself has never seen!
WHEN WE SLEEP
When some sleep they look like children
Let them not open their eyes, let us observe them for long.
When a few sleep they look like corpses
For sleep is the brother of death.
How do I look like I know not.
M.D Dinesh Nair's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A FEW PERCEPTIONS by M.D Dinesh Nair )
William Carlos Williams
(17 September 1883 – 4 March 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(10 January 1887 – 20 January 1962)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- XVII (I do not love you...), Pablo Neruda
- Where The Mind Is Without Fear, Rabindranath Tagore
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
Poem of the Day
- One Mourning In The August of '17, Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR
- The Muddle, Sunny Chopra
- Hell or Heaven, Col Muhamad Khalid Khan
- The Beauty that is Simplicity, Leong Ming Loong
- ALL MY DAYS, Colin Ian Jeffery
- Siclliano, Col Muhamad Khalid Khan
- Goodnight Kiss 3, Michael P. McParland
- Mona Lisa, The Enigmatic Masterpiece, Rajesh Thankappan
- A Dream Of Death, Luo Zhihai
- Why Life?, Sandra Feldman