A FISHERMAN'S BASKET
His fishing kit is consisting of A pretty fishing rod, A small chair, A hat, A basket, Some live baits, A water bottle, and A few other things, He comes to fish brilliantly hoping To get some fish for himself and for his family, The sun is still rising hotly and clearly, He spends a lot of time getting a fish, He struggles to get as many as he can, If his luck is good, then He will get a pretty load of a basket anytime, Its pretty livelihood everyday is to get his daily portion of fish, Life is sometimes cruel and hard, so He has to have very good patience, His pretty wife and his little kids are waiting for him, He has no choice, but to get fish, Life is so hard, but He has to face all unexpected things, The days runs fast, He has caught some fish, but that is not enough for the whole family, He asks God to help him, After a short period of time, The pretty and patient fisherman gets a 4-kilogram fish that made his Heart cold and warm at the same time, then Immediately goes home to cheer up the waiting members of his family.
MOHAMMAD SKATI's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A FISHERMAN'S BASKET by MOHAMMAD SKATI )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- The Saddest Poem, Pablo Neruda
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- A Life-Lesson, James Whitcomb Riley
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
Poem of the Day
- Where once you stood, Edward Clapham
- Thou hast dove eyes, thou hast dove eyes., devon da poet
- Habits, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- CAN'T GET THERE., Terry Collett
- Blurred vision., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- One Hundred and Eleven Cranks, Mitchell Gonzalez
- Want Versus Need..., Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR
- Why we quarrel., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Death in action., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- The River! The River!, Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR