A flower indeed!
I am a beautiful flower
That is rooted in this bower.
Off limits for the likes of me
A nuisance most all will agree.
The bees do visit me daily
Sweet as the white trumpet lily
Who resides with me in this bed;
But still my life’s in constant dread
Of toxic sprays and solutions
A sentence of execution
They’ll spray on my bright yellow head.
I am prolific and spread
But tomorrow I will be gone
Because I’m a dandelion.
Albert Ahearn's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A flower indeed! by Albert Ahearn )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- It wokes me up, Didith Marcelo
- World of Joy, sherif monem
- JOEL OSTEEN POEM = CHILD OF GOD, Tom Zart
- Brick, Catya Prager
- A paddle, george albot
- BEFORE HIS ARRIVAL, MYK NWACHUKWU
- HAROLD'S COFFEE LOUNGE, Suzae Chevalier
- Bright Pink Lipstick, Electric Lady
- More Pleasing To The Eye, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Commitments, Lawrence S. Pertillar