A flower indeed!
I am a beautiful flower
That is rooted in this bower.
Off limits for the likes of me
A nuisance most all will agree.
The bees do visit me daily
Sweet as the white trumpet lily
Who resides with me in this bed;
But still my life’s in constant dread
Of toxic sprays and solutions
A sentence of execution
They’ll spray on my bright yellow head.
I am prolific and spread
But tomorrow I will be gone
Because I’m a dandelion.
Albert Ahearn's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A flower indeed! by Albert Ahearn )
- Heal The World With Love, Edward Kofi Louis
- Life is a dream, glen salem
- Finding STeps, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Good & Bad, Priyanka Gupta
- Interaction, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Dial My Heart, Edward Kofi Louis
- Erato My Muse Of Love Poetry. (Part 3), Erato
- Set Aside Your Fear, Gbolagade Taiwo
- Twitter, gajanan mishra
- Sliding Gracefully, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Autumn Song, Dante Gabriel Rossetti
- O Captain! My Captain!, Walt Whitman
- If, Rudyard Kipling
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
- Heather Burns
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(3 March 1878 - 9 April 1917)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)