A Flower of poesy to Dr.A.M.S,
A Flower of poesy to Dr. A.M.S.
Dear Dr.A.M.Selvaraj, the magnificent healer, so great,
Receive please, this flower of poesy, proffered with warm love.
Accolades swell with yet another feather in your cap ornate,
Matchless, " Platinum Man" to thee with genuflection, we bow.
Sickness prodding—we prostrate at your divine feet—
Endearing words; focused acumen blot the blight:
Loving care and a magical touch—such a wonderful feat!
Ventilate we, our nagging troubles even past midnight,
And our qualms are allayed regardless of personal ease!
Radiant Star! In "Medicines Hall of Fame", aloft with glories!
Almighty Lord, on you His choicest Blessings to descend,
Jointly supplicating, we pray from the core of our heart's blend.
chandra thiagarajan's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
In the year 2004 he was bestowed upon the 'Platinum Award.'
On the occasion he was presented this poem which was an acronym too.
He appreciated the poem and liked it very much.
Comments about this poem (A Flower of poesy to Dr.A.M.S, by chandra thiagarajan )
- Core Of Mistrust, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Motive Is The Focus, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- macarana, Cee Bea
- Gathering Poetry, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Casting Out My Worries To You, Monterio Hill
- The Initiation, Echezonachukwu Nduka
- Circular Cycle, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Unofficial Issues, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Closed, Annalee Hopkins Somerville
- Iridescent, Adriana Avila
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- First Lesson, Philip Booth
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
- Heather Burns
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
Sheldon Allan Silverstein
(September 25, 1930 – May 10, 1999)