A Flower of poesy to Dr.A.M.S,
A Flower of poesy to Dr. A.M.S.
Dear Dr.A.M.Selvaraj, the magnificent healer, so great,
Receive please, this flower of poesy, proffered with warm love.
Accolades swell with yet another feather in your cap ornate,
Matchless, " Platinum Man" to thee with genuflection, we bow.
Sickness prodding—we prostrate at your divine feet—
Endearing words; focused acumen blot the blight:
Loving care and a magical touch—such a wonderful feat!
Ventilate we, our nagging troubles even past midnight,
And our qualms are allayed regardless of personal ease!
Radiant Star! In "Medicines Hall of Fame", aloft with glories!
Almighty Lord, on you His choicest Blessings to descend,
Jointly supplicating, we pray from the core of our heart's blend.
chandra thiagarajan's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
In the year 2004 he was bestowed upon the 'Platinum Award.'
On the occasion he was presented this poem which was an acronym too.
He appreciated the poem and liked it very much.
Comments about this poem (A Flower of poesy to Dr.A.M.S, by chandra thiagarajan )
- Come! Let's make it happen, Asma Riaz Khan
- O Beija-flor, Von Kimball Barney
- A Sincere Apology, Tirupathi Chandrupatla
- Leaves in Colors, Tirupathi Chandrupatla
- Never Give Up, Lilly Emery
- sterilization process of our modern system, Anthony Cavuoti
- Kopje onder, Madrason writer
- five past three, Pradip Chattopadhyay
- Trapdoor, Pradip Chattopadhyay
- Gans Veer, Madrason writer
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- The Conclusion, Sir Walter Raleigh
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
- Heather Burns