... You want to know who I am? ....
I am a friend of yours back
In those shrinking days in your.....
A friend who looked black but was white
A friend who didn't fear the ridiculous eyes of the world he never really loved
A friend who was of the moldering leaves of neglected shrubs
A friend who suffered a pleasant comrade deceit but for trust
A friend who thirsts for happiness
A friend who loves the soft flow of musical notes more than men
A friend whose heart still pumps the acidic past
A friend who reminisces those days of back stabbing and soul piercing laughter
A friend you made happy-sad
A friend whose happiness faded away with time just as beauty rusts with age
A friend who came to see farther beyond your masked smiles
A friend who suffered the potent arrow of your provincial clandestine
...... Yes that is me - William the poet.
Kobik William's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Friend by Kobik William )
- AUTUMN BRIDE, Rose Lu ( Bing hua )
- As Time Turns, Cathy Hodgson
- Suazo Nights, Eddie Morgan
- Juicy Lucy, I Salute Your vASStness!, Monk E. Biz
- As Long As I Am There For 'You', Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Paralyzed And Iced, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- The Art and the Pain, Udaya R. Tennakoon
- Alien Lullaby, Akujuobi Chijioke
- A Song Of Long Ago, Lilly Emery
- Simply Amazing, Olecia Henry