Muhyiddin Ibn Arabi
A Garden Among The Flames
a garden among the flames!
My heart can take on
a meadow for gazelles,
a cloister for monks,
For the idols, sacred ground,
Ka'ba for the circling pilgrim,
the tables of the Torah,
the scrolls of the Qur'án.
I profess the religion of love;
wherever its caravan turns along the way,
that is the belief,
the faith I keep.
Muhyiddin Ibn Arabi's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Garden Among The Flames by Muhyiddin Ibn Arabi )
- Fading Into Yesterday, Heather Burns
- Love Never Truly Ends, Lilly Emery
- Oh Mediterranean Sea, Lilly Emery
- Calculating The Odds, Kyle Schlicher
- Wind Poem, Kyle Schlicher
- Vietnam Sunset, Kyle Schlicher
- Standing On The Edge, Lilly Emery
- Underneath The Rock, Kyle Schlicher
- Neon Sign, Richard Provencher
- The Sex Offender, Is It Poetry