A Great Greek Tragedy
Kim Sjostrom I have not met you, perhaps I’ll some day meet your husband.
Teddy Efkarpides, your husband not even a day,
You became faint and died in his arms when you danced your first dance together,
As husband and wife,
you’d be there always,
-never say never,
You were his Helen; he was your Paris,
-forever lovers to themselves to keep
There was much grief ands strife.
So much your tragic event that Homer would certainly weep,
Your first grade students certainly mourned your passing,
But in the end you found what loves is and you died living, loving,
That’s than I can say about a lot of other people,
Anna Nicole Smith,
Heath Ledger, for example.
For the fame and money is all what they had,
But for their TAO,
-their karma was very bad.
These were made for Sophocles,
Yours can be thought of by Euripides,
So mournful is your Efkarpides.
Sjostrom is Swedish surname, was your mother Greek?
Did you let the guests toss their dishes and break them against the wall?
I personally experienced in the Placa in Athens.
Did the milky color of Ouzo with ice in a glass drape the tables?
Did you have Dimitri Tiomkin music while your guest where seated?
Somewhere on TV,
Never on a Sunday played along with the Greek called Zorba;
Of that week.
My Big Fat Greek Wedding,
you cherished the movie,
Especially when Windex cures all,
-in the movie,
Hopefully in its presence you will be at peace,
Peace of mind shall your beloved Teddy seek.
Joe Rosochacki's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Great Greek Tragedy by Joe Rosochacki )
- True-untrue, dr.k.g.balakrishnan kandangath
- You are see clearly, gajanan mishra
- a dramatic lover.., veeraiyah subbulakshmi
- under developed.., veeraiyah subbulakshmi
- Escape, Sandra Feldman
- MUSIC OFF THE WALL! ! !, G. AKANJI OLANIYI
- Expander, Kim Barney
- I believe you never will be too late, Trong Phan
- Angel's fear, gulsher JOHN
- when i loved you and you loved her and s.., Mandolyn ...
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Sitting On A Scarlet, Edward Kofi Louis
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Sad, wayne kers
- The Last Bell, Emmanuel George Cefai
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Ralph Waldo Emerson
(1803 - 1882)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow