A Great Greek Tragedy
Kim Sjostrom I have not met you, perhaps I’ll some day meet your husband.
Teddy Efkarpides, your husband not even a day,
You became faint and died in his arms when you danced your first dance together,
As husband and wife,
you’d be there always,
-never say never,
You were his Helen; he was your Paris,
-forever lovers to themselves to keep
There was much grief ands strife.
So much your tragic event that Homer would certainly weep,
Your first grade students certainly mourned your passing,
But in the end you found what loves is and you died living, loving,
That’s than I can say about a lot of other people,
Anna Nicole Smith,
Heath Ledger, for example.
For the fame and money is all what they had,
But for their TAO,
-their karma was very bad.
These were made for Sophocles,
Yours can be thought of by Euripides,
So mournful is your Efkarpides.
Sjostrom is Swedish surname, was your mother Greek?
Did you let the guests toss their dishes and break them against the wall?
I personally experienced in the Placa in Athens.
Did the milky color of Ouzo with ice in a glass drape the tables?
Did you have Dimitri Tiomkin music while your guest where seated?
Somewhere on TV,
Never on a Sunday played along with the Greek called Zorba;
Of that week.
My Big Fat Greek Wedding,
you cherished the movie,
Especially when Windex cures all,
-in the movie,
Hopefully in its presence you will be at peace,
Peace of mind shall your beloved Teddy seek.
Joe Rosochacki's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Great Greek Tragedy by Joe Rosochacki )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- "Hope" is the thing with feathers, Emily Dickinson
- O Captain! My Captain!, Walt Whitman
Poem of the Day
- The Indian Villages of Paglets, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Fred Claus Got It Right, Mr. Nobody
- Taron, Pariyon Ke Desh Meri Chandramukhi.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Chandramukhi, I Haven't Seen You For So .., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Becoming An Essence, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Chosen Path, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- I've Killed, Mr. Nobody
- Treasuring Experience, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Flair, douglas scotney
- Feel the pain, gajanan mishra