A Grief so Empty
A grief so empty lingering like clouds
Thunderous, void and shedding water.
A hill so high flowing steep and green,
A grief so empty having wasted,
All hope and a struggling life.
A voice so meek to be heard in own ears.
The angels carrying the sweet nectar,
In sleeves, alas carry the death's decree.
They call back to a once happy garden,
Lit with candles and flowers.
I shall live like a song from heaven,
I shall lit this darkness with light;
I shall then be the fragrance,
On the arduous path leading to home.
I shall then be the bright star of the dusk;
I shall then be the first ray of the rising sun.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Grief so Empty by Sadiqullah Khan )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- i dye my hair the color of us, Mandolyn Davidson
- Meeting Warmth~, Kamini Arichandran
- Smaller Contemporary Indian English Poet.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- मेथाइ(से), Ronjoy Brahma
- It Was First Kiss; Kissing You For The F.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Only, laxami Cards
- आय' दैज्लां, Ronjoy Brahma
- Was Lawrence A Sadhu? The Sadhu of Love, Bijay Kant Dubey
- A sad sot..., PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
- Do You Think? (Are You Only Gifted & Tal.., Bijay Kant Dubey