A Gypsy Peers Through Her Crystal Ball
A gypsy peers through her crystal ball.
As I watch the seasons change through my wall.
The wizard pondering wisdom gazes as the fire blazes; burning hot.
A sorcerer reveals what shall be; and what shall not.
I look at the sky and gaze its magic and mysteries.
Each star burning representing a point in history.
The King; slain, seen through the boys eyes in vain.
A son looks for revenge to ease his pain.
On the cloud I opened the door to the other side
A child; frightened, tried to run and hide.
The Indians horse took an arrow for his rider; then died.
A mother received her flag which dampened as she cried.
The warlord gave praise to his steer.
The soldier; scared pulled the trigger in fear.
A shaman pleaded for the strength to heal his tribe.
I ran after the child who led me inside.
A gypsy peers through her crystal ball
Patrick Dumas's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Gypsy Peers Through Her Crystal Ball by Patrick Dumas )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1861 - 10 September 1889)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
- Michael P. McParland
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- I Heard the Bells on Christmas Day, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- A Time to Talk, Robert Frost
Poem of the Day
- Evening Song, Sherwood Anderson
- Gentle Golden Light, Margaret Alice Second
- What is I want under the destinies ten.., Yuri Starostin
- Lonely Road, Alexander Onoja
- Happy Birthday Lord, Ron Baratono
- I Truly Do, Michael P. McParland
- I Still Love You, Michael P. McParland
- I Pray For You, Michael P. McParland
- Pangako, Jesus James Llorico
- I Only Have Eyes, Michael P. McParland