A heart that cries for help!
My heart beats fast
Out of my chest,
And here I am
Longing to feel at rest!
I want to scream
And let it all out,
All this heartbreak and anger
Makes me want to shout!
I just want to die
To make this pain leave me,
And this chill in my bone
Creeps up, and stabs my soul harshly!
The burden that I carry
Is deep inside my heart,
I want to let it go
But my soul is pierced with your evil dart!
I cry deep within me
And pour my heart to you,
But its thrown back in my face
And i disolve like the morning dew...
How can you stand there,
And watch me cry in pain;
While you laugh in my mysery
And smile at my shame!
Shelby Lanier's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A heart that cries for help! by Shelby Lanier )
- जिउनि दाइरियाव,2013, Ronjoy Brahma
- At That Moment All Ugliness was Undone., Akhtar Jawad
- Anonymous, Elia Michael
- Poor Birds of Cage, Pius Didier
- Christmas Differences, Melissa Furey
- Celebration, Shruti Goswami
- Leave Behind, Shruti Goswami
- Unceremonious, Shruti Goswami
- Restful Nights, Margaret Moran
- Qwerty, Edward Kofi Louis
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Dulce et Decorum Est, Wilfred Owen
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Rainer Maria Rilke
(4 December 1875 – 29 December 1926)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)