Yogi Sally Ann Slight
A Hero Is The Hardest Nut!
''A Hero is the Hardest Nut''
a squirrel said to me,
''A Hero's shell is armour plated Kevlar Technology''
''I broke my teeth on Hero's,
I ripped out all my claws,
I dropped them from the highest heights
to get within their draws! ''
''I had no clue of knowing,
cos I only have a tail,
the way into a Hero,
is nothing like a snail.''
You cannot prize them from their shells,
with forks and garlic butter,
and don't rely on squirrels tricks
- you'll end up just a nutter.
No armour piercing bullet,
can ever crack his shell,
and no demon force upon this earth
can make him go to Hell.
The secrets in the Hero's name,
Eros is a clue!
And Cupids arrow finds a way
within the shell for you.
No words will ever sway them,
No sexy tricks can't do,
the only thing that Hero's need
is Love, from me to you.
Love removes the hardest shells,
nut crackers are a waste,
Love can do in half the time
that words try to in haste.
So, when you feel your Hero
is lost, and turns away,
just send out loving thoughts and see
the shell just fall away!
This miracle is real to all,
who Love without condition,
the only reason Hero's Love.....
so that Love........is a Tuition!
''Learn to Love a hEros!
So a hEros can teach you Love''
Yogi Sally Ann Slight's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (A Hero Is The Hardest Nut! by Yogi Sally Ann Slight )
- A Rich Man's World, Fareez Nasir
- PH: Nature: Canoeing the Mississippi #4, Brian Johnston
- Dandelion Dreams, Richard D. Remler
- गोजाननि खौरां, Ronjoy Brahma
- Let us believe, hasmukh amathalal
- Christmas Again, Katherine Nordhaus
- Money, Katherine Nordhaus
- Older, Frank Avon
- A question to seasons, Melikhaya Zagagana
- Languid leman, Melikhaya Zagagana
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- On the Pulse of Morning, Maya Angelou
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Heather Burns
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)