John Thorkild Ellison
A Housewife's Lament (Part Two)
My husband soon gets back from work
And he's a callous unfeeling jerk!
The house is clean and oh so neat
And he'll get his supper like a special treat -
And he'll enjoy it though I hope he chokes
'Cos married life is just a hoax.
Why did the b*stard marry me?
And swear his love eternally?
It's one of Life's most stupid jokes
That women are just meant for blokes.
I'm feeling nervous so he says I'm weak,
He's got a bloody f*cking cheek!
I've loved him for so many years
But now it's all dissolved in tears!
I wish the c*nt would go to hell
'Cos I've got lots of tales to tell
About his lies and infidelity
And the way the b*stard treated me,
I just can't face another drink
So I'll throw up in the kitchen sink!
John Thorkild Ellison's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Housewife's Lament (Part Two) by John Thorkild Ellison )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Alfred Lord Tennyson
(6 August 1809 – 6 October 1892)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
- Durgapuri Babu
(19 January 1919 - 10 May 2002)
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Christmas Trees, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
Poem of the Day
- To Whom It May Concern, Dorothy (Alves) Holmes
- Unsuitable, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- People of Pernambuco 2, Kim Barney
- Strange Foods: Oatmeal Omelet, Kim Barney
- Not a Real Poem 2, Kim Barney
- A Christmas with Simplicity, Akhtar Jawad
- Mangos and Monkeys, Kim Barney
- Mack, Kim Barney
- Who Told You That?, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Two Friends, Kim Barney